Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Loaded Slide Gloves


Features:
Removable EVA foam wrist protectionReflective Materials (Good for night riding)Breathable Mesh TopBallistic grade nylon construction with Kevlar reinforcementsVelcro palm, thumb and finger pucksHigh molecular weight finger and palm pucks

I’ve had the Loaded slide gloves for a few months now so I have a pretty good idea how well the gloves hold up over time.

Firstly when I first got these I wasn’t the best at sliding but I’ve now improved considerably thanks to the practice and confidence these things gave me. It’s easy to just chuck these on and not have to worry about them coming off when you need them most, like trying to bust a shutdown slide to avoid slamming into a car at the end of a run (theres a velcro strap that secures them nicely). The padded wrist strap is also nice to protect your wrist which I often found would end up scraping the road when getting used to sliding.

Slide gloves are primarily used for safety reasons since it’s a lot easier to slide out on your hands if you bail instead of ripping up your skin. The loaded gloves are solid construction wise as long as you keep the pucks on the road and not the softer material which will rip fairly easy. I’m definitely not ashamed to say that these things saved my hands on more then one occasion.

Loaded Gloves Pucks Loaded Slide Gloves

The pucks that Loaded uses work very well at creating as little friction as possible with the road but they do wear pretty fast compared to other pucks out there. I ended up replacing the pucks in mine a few times since I really got into sliding when owning these and was always out practicing.

This is no problem since you can get replacement pucks for $14.95 which are a snap to put on since the gloves use velcro. I do however feel Loaded could improve these pucks drastically and make them last longer especially for the $60 price tag.

Overall I would recommend the loaded slide gloves to anyone looking for an easy solution to get started at sliding and to be safer. Loaded certainly could improve certain aspects of the gloves, mainly durability and using thicker pucks. Lastly if the $60 price tag scares you away you can always look to build your own which I’m currently in the process of trying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

... sslidegloves.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting